Come join us for The Big Paws Christmas Special on the 18th of December—when we’ll be broadcasting the show live from 1973.
Nineteen Seventy-Three was the high point of Christmas, it’s never been as good again. With Slade and Wizzard battling for their Midlands-based glitter-fests, dressed in tin-foil like a fattened turkey. We’ll be glammed-up and have crackers, tinsel and a tin of Quality Street for anyone who pops in to the studio at the Custard Factory (8am-10am we’re on, you know that).
All the usual favourites, Tweet of the Week from 1973, and the latest and new music from the hotest bands… of late 1973. What will 1974 have in store for us?
And Noel Edmonds? He’s on Radio One.
And the best bit about Christmas is spending time with friends (and radio friends listening online too, of course). We asked anyone who wanted to to pop down to the studio – quite a few did as you can see from these photos by Noel Edmonds.
Egg Nog Morcambe and Wise & Angela Rippon:
Market Pong Bank holiday Monday, ping pong in the Birmingham markets area
Tennis players at Christmas:
Star Wars Christmas Special:
Tune in, or if you like pop down to the studio to open your presents and have mince pies and eggnog with us.*
- All Christmas music, but being The Big Paws it’s not going to be carols and Cliff Richards.
- A special Christmas Tiiiiime Tunnel – guess the Christmas Past.
- Noel’s Christmas Presents from the top of the BT Tower.
- Mince Pies
- Christmas messages from the stars
- Egg Nog
- A Sweary Christmas with Wes Mundell in the Sweary News room.
- Carols, presents and crackers.
- Playing games, and watching The Great Escape
- Emergency chairs
- After Eight Mints
*Seriously, please come, but you’ll have to bring your own presents and food (we’ll supply the crackers tho’).