“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“There is Power in a Union” by Billy Bragg
“Hey Cool Kid” by Cloud Nothings (it’s a free download)
“DJ, Ease My Mind” (Raffertie remix) by Niki & The Dove (it’s a free download)
“Humid Air” by The Moaners (it’s a free download)
“Nutcracker Christmas Dubstep REMIX” by BogTroTTeR
The Time Tunnel
- It was the year that Band Aid recorded the charity single “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” to raise money to combat the famine in Ethiopia.
- Moreish drug Crack, a smokeable form of cocaine, was first introduced into the Los Angeles area and soon spread across the United States.
- The Soviet Union announced that it would boycott that years 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Advance Australia Fair was proclaimed as Australia‘s national anthem, in this year.
- The Provisional IRA attempted to assassinate Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the Brighton hotel bombing.
- Beverly Lynn Burns became the first woman Boeing 747 captain in the world.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways mades its inaugural flight.
- Sid was told, and British Telecom was privatised.
- Born in this year were: Man Utd makeweight Darren Fletcher, curly-haired Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg and Welsh singer and duck impressionist Duffy
- Died in this year: man film director Sam Peckinpah, Welsh comedian and magician Tommy Cooper, and famous Georgian chess player Tigran Petrosian.
- With the slogan “why 1984 won’t be like 1984” the Apple Macintosh was introduced.
But what was the year?
“Sexcrime (1984)” by Eurythmics (1984)
Furtive Forty: “Ancestors” by Gonjasufi
Furtive Forty: “MCs Can Kiss” by Uffie
Tediously Topical Twitter Tag Time: “*Poo* Are You” by The Who
“NY Is Killing Me” by Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time