“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“I Believe In Father Christmas (DC Wolftown Dubstep Remix)” by Greg Lake
“Blinking Pigs” by Little Dragon (it’s a free download)
“Bottomless Sea” by Black Math (it’s a free download)
“April 10th” by 8-bit Ninjas (it’s a free download)
“Winter Wonderland” by James Yuill
The Time Tunnel
- Guns didn’t kill people in the year that Actor Charlton Heston became president of the National Rifle Association, people killed people
- It was the year that the United Kingdom formally abolishes the death penalty.
- Bear Grylls, at 23 became the youngest British climber to scale Mount Everest.
- A big hard decision: the Food and Drug Administration approved Viagra for use as a treatment for male impotence.
- The first leap second since June 30, 1997 the previous year occured
- Google, Inc. was founded in Menlo Park, California, by Stanford University Ph.D. candidates Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
- Hugo Chávez Frías was elected President of Venezuela.
- The first RFID human implantation was tested in the United Kingdom.
- Jesse Ventura, former professional wrestler, is elected Governor of Minnesota, with Andre the Giant as Deputy.
- Born in this year: American actress, Elle Fanning, American actor Jaden Smith, and American actress Madison Pettis, nope, me neither
- Dyeing in this year: American singer, actor, politician and apalling skiier Sonny Bono, American athlete, pediatrician, and author Doctor Benjamin Spock, Cambodian Khmer Rouge leader and brother of Paul, Pol Pot.
- Dana International, the transsexual singer from Israel, won the Eurovision Song Contest 1998 held in Birmingham.
“Naughty Woman (Goblin In The Office)” by Fat Les (1998)
“Don’t Know About You” by Bardo Pond (it’s a free download)
“Come N Get It” by Nicolas Jaar
“Santa’s On His Way” by The Pipettes (it’s a free download)
“TRON Legacy (End Titles)” by Daft Punk
Furtive Forty: “Innundir Skinni” by Olaf Arnalds
Furtive Forty: “Crossfire” by Brandon Flowers
Tediously Topical Twitter Tag Time: Tedious Topical Twitter Tag Time Winner: “*Bum Cack* To Camden” by Morrissey
“The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)” by Tegan and Sara
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time
“Nom nom nom song” by ParryGrip
“Christmas Wrapping” by The Waitresses
“Please Daddy (Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas)” by John Denver
“All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit” by Half Man Half Biscuit
“Every Day Is Christmas” by The Webb Brothers
“Everyday will be a Holiday” by William Bell
“Santa on the Roof” by The Reverend Horton Heat
“Xmas Safari” by Champagne Riot (free download)
“The Christmas Song” by The Ravonettes
“Baby, It’s Cold Outside” by Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone
“Do They Know It’s Christmas?” (feat. Andrew W.K., Bob Mould, David Cross, Ezra Koenig, GZA, Kevin Drew, Kyp Malone, Tegan & Sara & Yo La Tengo) by Fucked Up
“R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas” by The Star Wars Singers
“K Cera Cera (War Is Over If You Want It” by The KLF and The Red Army Choir
“Lonely This Christmas” by Mud
The Brass Section:
“Naughty Woman (Goblin in the Office) by Fat Les
“Soon After Christmas” by Stina Nordenstam
“My Last Christmas” by The Dirtbombs
“A Christmas Carol” by Tom Lehrer
“Oh Come Emmanuel” by Belle and Sebastian
“Little Drummer Boy” by The Dandy Warhols
“Lonely Pup (In A Christmas Shop)” by Adam Faith
“Here’s To…(The New Year)” by Slade