“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“Da Da Da” by Elastica
“Curious” (Co-Pilots Remix) by Pin Me Down
“Lazy Bones” by Grass House
“Four Days Straight” by Scattered Trees
“Punk Hopper” by Iron African (it’s a freedownload / – whole album)
The Time Tunnel:
- The President of Poland, Lech Kaczyński, was among 96 killed when their airplane crashed in western Russia.
- Volcanic ash from one of several eruptions beneath Eyjafjallajökull, an ice cap in Iceland, disrupted air traffic across northern and western Europe.
- North Korea shelled Yeonpyeong Island, prompting a military response by South Korea.
- Eurozone countries agreed to a rescue package for the Republic of Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility in response to the country’s financial crisis.
- The Togo national football team was involved in an attack in Angola, and as a result withdrew from the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations.
- Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen and Christopher A. Pissarides won the Nobel Prize for Economics
- Researchers at CERN trap 38 antihydrogen atoms for a sixth of a second, marking the first time in history that humans have trapped antimatter, but not for long, obviously.
- The United Nations designated 2010 the International Year of Biodiversity and International Year of Youth in honour of Teenagers wash baskets.
- Born in this year: tiny owl Cal Drew, minibrumcast Luke Downing and tiny Lichfieldian Gwilym Harrison
- Died in this year: Persuader Tony Curtis, reclusive author J. D. Salinger, and “British Chaplain” Sir Norman Wisdom,
- The 2010 Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver and Whistler, Canada.
“Dubstep Christmas” by Goldie Lookin Chain (2010)
“Nachtmusik” by Seams
“Trapdoor” by Salem
“Elephants & Little Girls” by Loch Lomond (it’s a free download)
“Surfin’ Geocities” by VEKTROID (it’s a free download)
“Bubble Gum” by Hodgy Beats Feat. Tyler Creator x Casey V (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All) (it’s a freedownload)
“Flawless Executioner” by Christopher Paul Stelling
“Seasick” by Tetris=Therapy (it’s a freedownload)
“Terry” by Anika
Furtive Forty: “FM Tan Sexy” by El Guincho
Furtive Forty: “Wicked game” by Sad NES
Tediously Topical Twitter Tag Time: “Do you know the *wafer* San Jose?” by Nancy Sinatra
“Little Bird” by Pancake Breakfast
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time
The Furtive Forty, positions 40 to 21. Top twenty on the show 8am 9th January.
21 “Boy Lilikoi” by Jónsi
22 “Mum” by Marina & Soko
23 “Why Didn’t You Get a Haircut” by Math the Band
24 “The Fear” (DOCTOR ROSEN ROSEN Rx) by Lily Allen
25 “Bitch, I Love You” by Black Joe Lewis And The Honeybears
26 “Tastes Like Kevin Bacon” by Iwrestledabearonce
27 “Stop!” by The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir
28 “Suicide” by The Raveonettes
29 “Two Of The Beatles Are Dead” by Keith Top Of The Pops And His Minor UK Indie Celebrity Allstar Backing Band
30 “Gardens Of The South” by Sleeping States
31 “Kiss Me With Your Mouth” by Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time
32 “Out of Babel” by The Destroyers
33 “New Fang” by Them Crooked Vultures
34 “Lobster Quadrille” by We Are Enfant Terrible
35 “Zero” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
36 “Uh Huh” by Zooey Deschanel and Munchausen by Proxy
37 “Somebody Tell Me” by Muchuu
38 “I’m In Miami Bitch” (Ruckus Roboticus Remix) by LMFAO
39 “All The King’s Men” by Wild Beasts
40 “Everybody Is a DJ” by Goldie Lookin Chain