Live from Paws Acres, the first half of this, er last, years Furtive Forty. Counting down the best tracks 0f 2010 as voted for by listeners from 40 to 21.
40 “Activate!” by Atari Teenage Riot (it’s a free download)
39 “Written On The Forehead” by ” PJ Harvey
38 “Pray (Hocus Pocus) [Trafik’s Brave Bootleg]” by Jay-Z vs Focus
37 “God Is Me” by ” Gurdan Thomas
36 “Colouring of Pigeons” by The Knife
35 “Me And The Devil” by Gil Scott-Heron
34 “(It’s Not War) Just The End Of Love” by Manic Street Preachers
33 “I’m Cold and there are Wolves After Me (Hulk Remix)” by iwrestledabearonce (it’s a free download)
32 “Doe Deer” by Crystal Castles
31 “Synchronize (ft. Jarvis Cocker)” by Discodeine
30 “Guacha Rekix (ft. Natalia Clavier, Grems, Disiz & Micro Coz)” by Son of Kick
29 “yesIwalkedalone” by Health & Efficiency (it’s a free download)
28 “Funnel Of Love” by The Fall
27 “Palance (Soca 2010)” by JW & Blaze
26 “Wile Out (ft. Ms. Dynamite)” by DJ Zinc
25 “Duet” by Gonjasufi
24 “Old Age” by How I Quit Crack (it’s a free download)
23 “I L U” by School Of Seven Bells (it’s a free download)
22 “Superfast Jellyfish” (ft. Gruff Rhys & De La Soul) by Gorillaz
21 “Turn It Up” by //TENSE//
“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“Bring the Light” by Beady Eye (it’s a free download)
The Time Tunnel:
- It was the year when it snowed in the Sahara Desert for 30 minutes.
- Ten shoppers died as the Manchester branch of Woolworth’s was seriously damaged by fire.
- McDonald’s introduces the Happy Meal in June.
- American President Jimmy Carter wss attacked by a swamp rabbit while fishing in his hometown of Plains, Georgia.
- Odd numbered and therefore good, supposedly, or something Star Trek: The Motion Picture was Premiered at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.
- The eradication of the smallpox virus was certified, making smallpox the first and to date only human disease driven to extinction.
- Lumps were in evidence however on the first British nudist beach that was established in Brighton in this year
- Brenda Ann Spencer opened fire at a school in San Diego, California, killing 2 faculty members and wounding 8 students. Her response to the action, “I don’t like Mondays,”
- It was the year that the Sony Walkman was released
- And the TV channel Entertainment Sports Programming Network, better known as ESPN, debuted.
- Philips demonstrates Compact Disc publicly for the first time, jam sales rise.
- Born: Australian singer Brody Dalle, drummer for the alternative band, Maroon 5 Matt Flynn, and famous Chinese weightlifter Tang Gonghong.
- Dead: Sex Pistol Sid Vicious, Governor of New York and Vice President of the United States Nelson Rockefeller, and Loving You singer Minnie Riperton.
- The 1979 general election ended with a Conservative victory and Margaret Thatcher the country’s first female prime minister.
“Guns of Brixton” by The Clash (1979)
“Limit To Your Love” by James Blake
“See Birds (Moon)” by Balam Acab
“Spark” by Grand Lake (it’s a free download)
“Guacha Rekix (ft. Natalia Clavier, Grems, Disiz & Micro Coz)” by Son of Kick
“Continental” by Jonny (it’s a free download)
“Cherry Bomb” by Verbal & Yoon
Furtive Forty: “We Can’t Fly” by Aeroplane
Furtive Forty: “Infinity Guitars” by Sleigh Bells
Tediously Topical Twitter Tag Time: “*Rhyl-in* in the years” by Steely Dan – the winner: @hughesy6066
“IxC999” by White Ring
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time