Live from Paws Acres, the second half of this, er last, years Furtive Forty. Counting down the best tracks 0f 2010 as voted for by listeners from 20 to 1.
20. “Snakes for the Divine” by High on Fire
19. “Shannon Ain’t Dead (She’s Under My Bed)” by Kunt and the Gang
18. “On and Ever Onward” by Dirty Projectors + Björk
17. “Tightrope (Featuring Big Boi)” by Janelle Monae
16. “The Headmaster Ritual” by Janice Whaley
15. “Superstar” by Aeroplane
14. “Shameless (feat. Bryan Ferry)” by Groove Armada
13. “Fight in a Bus Stop” by 8-Bit Ninjas
12. “No One’s Gonna Love You” by Cee Lo Green
11. “Difficult” by Uffie
10. “Surrender ” by Olof Arnalds w/ Bjork
9. “Trapdoor” by Salem
8. “Rainbow in the Dark” by Das Racist (it’s a free download)
7. “Horse Outside” by The Rubberbandits
6. “Wicked Game” by sadnes (it’s a free download)
5. “What Good Am I?” by Tom Jones
4. “Lying” by Factory Floor
3. “Murder Weapon” by Tricky
2. “Cocaine Blues” by Escort (it’s a free download)
1. “Infinity Guitars” by Sleigh Bells
Prizes went to Nick Drew and James Cook for getting closest to the top 3 with their votes…
and here’s the few of the top 100 that make it Spotify.
“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“Everybody needs someone to love” by Solomon Burke
“Mindlessnessless” by Hot Panda (it’s a freedownload)
“Imagine Hearts” by Ringo Deathstarr
“Trust” by Generationals
“Champ” by White Denim (it’s a freedownload)
The Time Tunnel:
- In this year Ulrike Meinhof and Gerhard Müller of the Red Army Faction were arrested in West Germany.
- The last U.S. ground troops were withdrawn from Vietnam.
- Alex Comfort‘s bestselling manual of beards and armpit sniffing The Joy of Sex was published.
- Norway rejected membership in the European Economic Community.
- It was the year of Cod War: Foreign Secretary Sir Alec Douglas-Home stationed the Royal Navy protect British trawlers off Iceland.
- Witch-based sitcom Bewitched <pause> with Elizabeth Montgomery aired its final episode.
- Computer game maker Atari was founded and released the seminal arcade version of Pong, the first game to achieve commercial success.
- Eugene Cernan was the last person to walk on the moon, from Apollo 17. The last manned mission to the moon of the 20th Century.
- This year was designated The International Year of the Book by UNESCO.
- and Bobby Fischer beat Boris Spassky in Reykjavík, Iceland, becoming the first American chess champion in the “Match of the Century”.
- Hatched in this year were: Saved by The Bell’s Elizabeth Berkley, pocket sized Z-lister Sarah Cawood, and Portuguese galactico Luís Figo,
- Despatched in this year were: 33rd President of the United States Harry S. Truman, and famous Hungarian biophysicist, poet Ezra Pound, Georg von Békésy, recipient of the (b. 1899)
- In October this year The Black September hijacked a Lufthansa Boeing 727 over Turkey, demanding the release of comrades still held for the massacre of Israeli athletes at the this years 1972 Olympic Games.
- But what was the year?
“Jesus” by Cliff Richard & The Shadows (1972)
“Hung Markets” by Seams (it’s a freedownload)
“Synchronize” (ft. Jarvis Cocker) by Discodeine (it’s a freedownload)
“The Headmaster Ritual” by Janice Whaley
“Maiden Goes To Bollywood (Iron Maiden vs Dhoom 2)” by Wax Audio
“White Lines” by DD:MM:YYYY
“Helicopter” (Diplo & Lunice mix) by Deerhunter (it’s a freedownload)
New To Me: “Kray Twins” by Mo-Dettes
“Everything Is Contagious” by Myelin Sheaths
“Salt and Sea” by Lazerbeak (it’s a free download)
“Shiny Spaceship” by 8-Bit Ninjas
Tediously Topical Twitter Tag Time:
“You’re The One That I Want” by Angus & Julia Stone
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time