“Nom nom nom song” by Parry Grip
“I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday” by Wizzard
“Personality Crisis (demo)” by The New York Dolls
“Showdown” Electric Light Orchestra
“Deuce” by KISS
“I Love You love Me Love” by Gary Glitter
The Time Tunnel:
- This was the year that Scrabble was lauched.
- The Sutton Coldfield rail crash killed 17 near, no IN, Birmingham, England.
- Winston Churchill resigned as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Actor James Dean wss killed when his car collided with another vehicle at a highway junction near Cholame, California at the age of 24.
- The first footage of Elvis Presley was filmed as part of a film short about the Cleveland, Ohio, disc jockey Bill Randle.
- Cardiff was announced as the capital city of the principality of Wales. Clart.
- Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white person.
- November 12 in this year was the day of the famous Hill Valley Lightning Storm
- The Disneyland Theme Park opens to the public in Anaheim, California, it was shut down later that week due to a six foot mouse being found in the kitchen.
- Under the guidance of Dr Humphry Osmond, Christopher Mayhew ingested 400 mg of mescaline hydrochloride and allowed himself to be filmed as part of a Panorama special for BBC TV that was never broadcast. Groovy.
- Born in this year: unfamous at this point Rowan Atkinson, and unfamous at this point Bruce Willis, unfamous at this point, but cute Janet Ellis
- Died this year: German-born physicist, Albert Einstein, Portuguese fruit enthusiast Carmen Miranda and somewhat typecast American character actor Chief Thundercloud,
- The Brooklyn Dodgers finally won the World Series, defeating the New York Yankees 2–0 in Game 7 of the 1955 baseball playoff.
But what was the year?
“Christmas Alphabet” by Dickie Valentine (1955)
“Step Into Christmas” by Elton John
“All The Way From Memphis” by Mott The Hoople
“Rivers of Babylon” by The Melodians
“Radar Love” by Golden Earing
“Street Life” by Roxy Music
“Gaudete” by Steeleye Span
“Can the Can” by Suzi Quatro
“Merry Christmas Everybody” by Slade
“Love, Reign o’er Me” by The Who
“American Trilogy” by Elvis Presley (Aloha from Hawaii: Via Satellite)
Tediously Topical Telephone Tag Time: “Live and Let *Bondi*” by Paul McCartney and Wings
“Brumburger (FInale)” by Cliff Richard
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time