The Furtive Forty, positions 40 to 21. Top twenty on the show 8am 9th January.
21 “Boy Lilikoi” by Jónsi
22 “Mum” by Marina & Soko
23 “Why Didn’t You Get a Haircut” by Math the Band
24 “The Fear” (DOCTOR ROSEN ROSEN Rx) by Lily Allen
25 “Bitch, I Love You” by Black Joe Lewis And The Honeybears
26 “Tastes Like Kevin Bacon” by Iwrestledabearonce
27 “Stop!” by The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir
28 “Suicide” by The Raveonettes
29 “Two Of The Beatles Are Dead” by Keith Top Of The Pops And His Minor UK Indie Celebrity Allstar Backing Band
30 “Gardens Of The South” by Sleeping States
31 “Kiss Me With Your Mouth” by Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time
32 “Out of Babel” by The Destroyers
33 “New Fang” by Them Crooked Vultures
34 “Lobster Quadrille” by We Are Enfant Terrible
35 “Zero” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
36 “Uh Huh” by Zooey Deschanel and Munchausen by Proxy
37 “Somebody Tell Me” by Muchuu
38 “I’m In Miami Bitch” (Ruckus Roboticus Remix) by LMFAO
39 “All The King’s Men” by Wild Beasts
40 “Everybody Is a DJ” by Goldie Lookin Chain
“Nom nom nom song” – Parry Grip
“Duke of Earl” by Darts
“Life Coach” by Fang Island
“Crawl Out Your Window” by Transvision Vamp
“When You Walk In The Room” by Fyfe Dangerfield (it’s a free download)
“Cannibal” by Fan Death (it’s a free download)
“Papa’s Got A Brand New Pigbag” by Pigbag
“Countdown” by The Black Keys
“I’m Shipping Up To Boston” by The Dropkick Murphys
“Tastes Like Kevin Bacon” by iwrestledabearonce
“Android with a heart” by The Hornblower Brothers
“Sweet Little Bird” by Heavy Trash
“Strange Things” (Club Edit) by The Count and Sinden
“Heaven Can Wait” by Charlotte Gainsbourg featuring Beck
Furtive Forty: “Aint Nothing But A Houseparty” by The Showstoppers
Furtive Forty: “Alice” by Pogo (it’s a free download)
“Easy Chairs” by Suckers
“The Birth” by Stardeath And White Dwarfs
Songs to Vacuum to: “Wimoeh” by Karl Denver
“Dead End Friends” by Them Crooked Vultures
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time
“Nom nom nom song” – ParryGrip
“Suedehead” by Morrissey
“See The Leaves” by The Flaming Lips
“All We Wanna Do is OH!” by KateGoes
“Heavyweight” by DJ Fresh
“East” by The Bitters
- Jockey Lester Piggott was jailed for three years after being convicted of tax evasion.
- Tour de France winner Greg LeMond was accidentally shot while turkey hunting.
- Order of the Garter is opened to women, which seems to make sense.
- Bovine happy-pill Prozac mades its debut in the United States.
- The Dusky Seaside Sparrow became extinct.
- A fire at King’s Cross fire tube station killed 31
- The Perl programming language is created by Larry Wall.
- Guns N’ Roses‘debut album, Appetite For Destruction, was released – amazingly it would go on to sell over 28 million copies.
- Docklands Light Railway, the first driverless railway in Great Britain, was formally opened by Queen Elizabeth II to the sound of meh
- Teddy Seymour was officially designated the first black man to sail around the world – not sure if they had to check the sailing or the blackness
- Slapped by a midwife in this year: on-load Blues goailie Joe Hart, 2007 Big Brother contestant Chanelle Hayes, and Julia Bond, American pornographic actress.
- Fingered by death in this year: wiggy american artist Andy Warhol, wandering star Lee Marvin, and famous French physicist Louis-Victor de Broglie
- St. Mirren won the 1987 Scottish Cup beating Dundee United 1–0.
“I wanna be your drill instructor” by Abigail Mead and Nigel Goulding
“O O I A H” by OOIOO (free download)
“They Don’t Wanna” by Electric Wire Hustle
“Cell Count” by North Atlantic Oscillation
“Beep” by Pylon (free download)
“The Blues Ground” by Malik-MD7
“New Fang” by Them Crooked Vultures
The Brass Section: “The Pushbike Song” by The Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band
“Death Metal Guys” by The Reverend Horton Heat
“I Shall Not Be Moved” by Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis & Carl Perkins
“Somebody Tell Me” by Muchuu
“Science Room” by Hypertext
Songs to Vacuum to: “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
“Everyone’s A Wally” by Mike Berry
“Paradise Circus” by The Lilac Time
Them Crooked Vultures on Google Earth:
Animated GIF tumblr (potentially “not safe for work”)
Jon made this animated GIF:
The Royal Fingers video for Black Sand Beach: